Thursday, October 4, 2012

pregnancy and infant loss awareness month

via the MISS Foundation
many people will tell you to "think pink" or "save the tata's" this month. 
and as much as i am for breast cancer awareness, i think it needs to slide over and share the spotlight with an equally important cause. 

1 in 4
it staggers my mind to know that the chances of you and i to be effected by miscarriage, stillbirth, sids, all forms of babyloss is ONE in FOUR. that is 25%!!!!!!!! and what is more shocking, is the taboo and shame that surrounds it.

the reason this is so near to my heart is not that i am the 1 in 4 as of now, it is because of my dear friend stephanie. her and her precious son, bentley, opened my eyes to the reality of living without your child. and let me tell you, it is a journey that no person should ever go on. 

so i'm asking all of you to wear pink and blue this month- to remember all the babies gone far too soon. and to any babyloss mom reading this, please let me share my deepest condolences.... and never apologize for remembering your sweet baby(ies).

No comments:

Post a Comment