Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cazuella







2 lbs beef(i cut mine into long strips)
1/2 lb of beef with bone(i used riblets, but the bone just adds more flavor)
1 green pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
4 garlic cloves chopped
3 whole ears of corn broken in half
1 acorn squash cut into big chunks
8 red potatoes peeled and cut in half
Handful of fresh spinach
2 handfuls of fresh green beans
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
Angel hair pasta(a little less than a pinkie)
oregano and salt
3tbs beef flavor boullion

-brown all the beef, onions, pepper and garlic in a large pot. Season to taste with salt and oregano.

-add the squash, potatoes, corn and carrots. Add just enough water to almost cover the ingredients and stir in the bouillon powder. Bring this to a low boil and cover.

-when the potatoes and squash are almost cooked through, add the spinach, green beans and pasta
(tip with pasta- less is more. don't overdo it!). Allow to cook a few more minutes.

-to serve remove all the beef, potatoes, squash and corn and place on a platter(i put it in the oven to keep warm until we eat it). What you'll have left is a delicious brothy soup. Eat the soup(it's nice if you eat it with a crusty bread). Then you can eat the rest! My husband likes to mash the potatoes and squash together and add a little oil and salt. I also serve the rest with a Chilean salad(there are many variations, but lettuce, tomato and red onion with a dressing of salt, oil and lemon juice is a good one).

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've been blog hopping and I just found your blog. I have to say that I love your header. It's just so sweet and it put an instant smile on my face. I've never heard of cazuella before, but it sure looks delicious. I'll have to remember this recipe. That's something I'd like to try for a Sunday dinner one day. I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your recipe... :)

    ReplyDelete